I only work in light room only for my personal shoots. That includes pictures of my family and few landscapes usually taken with Fuji E1 and Nikon D3s. My photographs were lot and editing them took lot of time to edit in photoshop. I wanted to find a way to save time. I began creating presets (preset alterations to lighting and coloring) to speed up my workflow and to be more efficient. My goal is to save others time so that they can balance their time with their families and their long term work goals.
You May ask when there are other 3rd Party Plugins from Nik Software, Topaz Adjust and Onone Perfect effect why use this? Well there are many who dont use these 3rd party plugins as they cannot afford to buy it or create one so I did the work for them.Taking about these presets, these work well with portraits and landscape. I would suggest you try different pictures for these effects as they will look different on each shots.
My recommendation though is to use a 3rd party filter but for those who cannot afford to get one, here are my first series in the free version. Please note that i have tested these presets only for Light room Version 4 and above. Let me know if it works in lower versions also. If you provide me the pictures that you applied these filter, i would gladly put them in the review section. Your reviews will help me develop more presets.
Kindly share this link to others.
There’s actually 5 of them.
3. VS-High Contrast
4. VS-Brown Tint
5. VS-No Light
Here is few samples for the presets
You can download the presets below
Neerajmurali-”of all i loved the brown tint”
Photographer: Neeraj Shutterbug/LR Preset-Detail Extractor
Photographer: Neeraj Shutterbug/LR Preset-Rustic
Photographer: Neeraj Shutterbug/LR Preset-Brown Tint
How to Install Presets in Lightroom 4
- Click the link to download your preset.
- Choose a location on your hard drive to SAVE the zip file. You need to be able to access the location again, so make sure you know the file path to the folder.
- After download is complete, go to the zip file (if your download window is open you can right click and choose ‘open containing folder’).
- Right click (or double click on a Mac) on the file and choose ‘Extract All Files.
- Click on the folder that holds the set of presets and press ‘control’ and ‘c’ (‘command’ and ‘c’ on a Mac) to copy the folder.
- Open your Lightroom program.
- PC users— go Edit in the top menu, then to Preferences. Mac users – click on Lightroom word (top-left corner of screen), then to Preferences.
- In the Preferences menu, click on the Presets tab, then click on “Show Lightroom Presets Folder” button.
- When your Windows Explorer or Mac Finder opens up, double click on the Develop Presets folder.
- Press ‘control’ and ‘v’ (‘command’ and ‘v’ on a Mac) to paste in the preset folder.
- Restart your Lightroom program and the presets will now show up under the Preset panel in the Develop module.
How do I install my presets?
Mentioned in the installation section
How do I know if I shoot RAW or jpeg images?
Read the Camera Manual.
Do you suggest RAW presets on jpeg pictures? Or jpeg presets on RAW pictures?
Both the formats work
Are all of your downloads instant? Do I receive anything in the mail?
Yes, all of our downloads are instant.
You may only use these products for personal or professional use. . You may share this with your friends