Posted by: Vineet Suthan
I assume that you readers of my blog know that Photomatix is a common tool I use in processing my HDR photos. There is a new version of the photomatix which is still in beta version( the above is processed using it) and If you’ve never used it and want to try it, you can get it cheaper over at the Photomatix page with the coupon of VINEETSUTHAN. Also note that the trial is fully functional and never expires but adds watermarks. So today briefly i will tell you a feature that i have been using in the photomatix 5 beta.
Those of you who have used Photomatix before would have used the Details Enhancer that produces the distinct HDR look that you’re probably very familiar with. Using this option, few of the photographers found it difficult as it was difficult to tame the picture for the look they were after. With the new Contrast Optimizer included in the new Photomatix pro 5 (the one i used for the above picture) the possible settings are more entered around a natural look. It has less sliders which help you arrive at a natural looking HDR more easily and more quickly.
What about my luminance Mask and Manual Blending. I find that the new Photomatix proves to be providing more natural results and again it would depend from picture to picture. You may want to look at another image i shot of Abu Dhabi here where i had many hits more than my dubai pictures.
HOW THE HDR PHOTOS WERE SHOT
- Five exposures
- Camera: Nikon D800
- Lens: Nikon 16-35mm f/4
How the HDR image was tonemapped
- Processed the images as Raw File in Photomatix Pro 5
- Saved the resulting image as TIFF image
How the tonemapped image was post-processed
- The Resulting Tiff Image was then opened in Camera Raw
- Changed the following settings-Contrast, Highlights, Shadows, Blacks, Whites
- Resulting File then opened in Photoshop
- Added Fireworks from another image that i had shot.
- Nik Silver Efex pro, Nik Sharperner
If you enjoy reading this blog, please help spread the word by sharing this site with your friends using any of the below buttons.
Connect me at +Vineet Suthan
Latest posts by (see all)
- How to Solve the Biggest Problems With Anker 40W 5-port desktop charger - August 10, 2015
- Why We Love Al Mouj (And You Should, Too!) - August 8, 2015
- Adobe Photoshop CC Keyboard Shortcuts - August 3, 2015