I have been very fascinated to go and shoot in Jazeera Al Hamra which is located in RAK, UAE every since i saw heard and seen pictures of them. I wanted to try my hands on HDR and finally after almost 2 years of waiting, i get to go there with my family and my photography buddy Adam Backer ( the guy who discovered this place and make it public to every photographer in town). This time I shot very few shoots here as i found the place seems to be more rumbled than before. My whole intention to go here was to shoot the pier which is the icon for every photographer here . Prior to traveling here another photography friend Ansar Basheer who had visited this place few weeks earlier informed me that if i should be shooting the pier, then shoot it from the right side of the pier as the owners of the villa will not allow to shoot from left side and this information i had completely forgotten about it and how how true he was as the owners began to wave and shout to move out as we began to walk. Since i did not want to lose the golden hour going to the right side i began to shoot from left side but instead the rocks.
How the photos were shot
- Taken with Tripod
- Seven exposures
- Camera: Nikon D800
- Lens: Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8
How the HDR image was tonemapped
- Merged the images as Raw File in HDR Efex pro 2
- Manual Adjustments in HDR Efex Pro 2 Sliders and saved the resulting image as Tiff Image.
How the tonemapped image was post-processed
- The Resulting tone-mapped Tiff Image was then opened in Camera Raw
- Changed the following settings-Contrast, Highlights, Shadows, Blacks, Whites
- Resulting File then opened in Photoshop
- Nik Color Efex pro
- Applied noise reduction (Topaz Denoise)