It feels great and honoured to be invited by Nikon Middle East. I would like to thank the team Nikon Middle East, Grand Stores for this kind invitation for this marvelous event.
Lets get to the point here. This is the first time Nikon Makes the Product Announcement in the Middle East just like they do in other parts of the work. This time it is for the product launch of the much awaited D600.
- 24.3 megapixel full frame FX-format CMOS image sensor (35.9 x 24mm)
- EXPEED 3 image processor
- ISO 100-6400 (expandable to 50-25,600)
- 3.2-inch (921K dots) LCD Display
- Full 1080p HD Video Recording at 30p, 25p, 24p
- 720p HD Video Recording at 60p, 50p, or 30p
- Scene Recognition System
- 2,016 pixel RGB sensor
- 39 point AF (Auto Focus) MultiCAM 4800FX AF Module
- Ready to shoot in 0.13 seconds
- 0.052 second shutter release
- 5.5 frames per second burst shooting at full resolution and full AF
- Dual SD Card Slots
- 100% Frame Coverage via Optical Viewfinder
- Several Scene Modes
- High-Dyanmic Range (HDR) Mode
- Headphone jack
- Built-in Microphone
- HDMI out (can be used for uncompressed video transfer to a digital recorder)
- Compatible with more than 70 NIKKOR AF and AF-S lenses
- Magnesium alloy top and rear construction
- Sealed and gasketed against dirt and moisture
- 150,000 cycles Shutter
- Battery rated for 900 shots
- Optional WU-1b Wireless Adapter
- Control the D600 shutter via a Smartphone App
D600: Nikon treats this camera as the FULL FRAME TRAVEL CAMERA. This camera has a 24.3-megapixel, full-frame (35.9 x 24mm) sensor with a weight of 26.8 ounces and slightly smaller in size. Hence suitable for Travel.
Lets look at the hardware features. What i found is the back of the camera almost resembles the D800 while the top part resembling to the D7000. You can see the pictures below. I found turning the top menu to be a quite hassle as you need to press a button on the top to turn the dial.
Drawback is that the D600 uses 5.5 Frames per second which i found it not very impressive considering it as a travel full frame camera also it has only a 39-point AF system when compared to other full frame camera in its range. I could not ask for more ISO for this D600 and it has almost 6400 ISO which in its range is good.
Video Mode: It even shoots identical 1920 x 1080 resolution video at 30, 25, 24 frames-per-second and 1280 x 720 video at 50 and 60 fps and you can directly save the footage as uncompressed video file. But what i dont like is you cannot change the aperture while shooting. I would have got this camera had this video feature been the same as D800.
Another point to note is the flash sync speed is only 200 making it more difficult in outdoor flash photography. That is another feature i dont want to have. Another interesting point to note is the d600 has two SD slots rather can be more convenient to have the same type of card slots.
I would not compare this camera to canon as this has its own place in the Nikon Family. Sadly i found D700 missing in the Nikon family and found the d600 to be sitting in between d7000 and d800 rather. This could be the extinct of the D700.
Though Nikon D600 has the weatherproof features like the D800, it has lost weight and its size which used to be like a trademark for Nikon FullFrame Camera. There are features of the top controls in the camera that really puts me off and the non ability of the camera to change aperture setting during Live Video Mode does not allow me to set my eyes on this camera. Along with the Frame rate, the flash sych speed is less being a travel camera which is really bad. Had the above features been very similar to D800 , i would have got this as my backup camera. Had i had a D700, i would keep that camera and not think about getting the D600. Those of you who has d7000 can plan to get this
At the end of the day, yes there are many guys out there who would love to have a Nikon Full Frame and if cost and weight is a factor then this is the camera for you. Travel Camera, sure it is and you would love it if you are not bothered about these features.
Here is the video of the D600
You can order it from here:
Do you like my blog?
If you enjoy reading this blog, please help spread the word by sharing this site with your friends using any of the below buttons.
Latest posts by (see all)
- How to Solve the Biggest Problems With Anker 40W 5-port desktop charger - August 10, 2015
- Why We Love Al Mouj (And You Should, Too!) - August 8, 2015
- Adobe Photoshop CC Keyboard Shortcuts - August 3, 2015