Posted by Vineet Suthan
(This post can also be viewed here also Flatpepple)
I found this Traditional Restaurant, called as Al Fanar in the dubai festival city by accident. I just knew this would be the right subject for HDR. This subject is quite different from what i shoot HDR in the recent days. As soon as i entered this place, there were lot of statues here depicting the tradition of UAE before the discovery of Oil. As i was shooting inside i felt like this were real people looking at me while shooting. It was weird feeling though. Anyway, i think it a place you should visit if you enjoy emirati cusines or would love to try.
How the HDR photos were shot
- Taken Handheld
- Nine exposures
- Camera: Nikon D800
- Lens: Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8
How the HDR image was tonemapped
- Processed the images as Raw File in Photomatix
- Changed the following sliders to get the tone mapped image-Strength, Color Saturation, Luminosity and Detailed Contrast.
- Saved the resulting image as TIFF images
How the tonemapped image was post-processed
- The Resulting tone-mapped Tiff Image was then opened in Camera Raw
- Changed the following settings-Contrast, Highlights, Shadows, Blacks, Whites
- Resulting File then opened in Photoshop
- Applied Layer blending-Multiply
- Topaz Adjust as mask for details
- Nik Color Efex pro
- Applied noise reduction (Imagenomic Noiseware)
If you enjoy reading this blog, please help spread the word by sharing this site with your friends using any of the below buttons.
Connect me at +Vineet Suthan
If you make a purchase using links found in this article, I may make a commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, but it does help to support future articles like this.If you enjoyed this article, please support future articles like this by donating a dollar Either way, your support is greatly appreciated!