Posted by:Vineet Suthan
Vida Downtown Dubai
PURCHASING PHOTOMATIX 5 OR FREE TRIAL
If you do end up buying yourself a copy of Photomatix 5 be sure to use the code VINEETSUTHAN on checkout, to get 15% off! The guys at HDRsoft have also offered a free trial for you to play around with but I am pretty sure you will want this software after you get your hands on it.
I rarely shoot handheld with my nikon d800 and that too during the evening hours. But this instance i knew i had to take the picture without my tripod. I dont want to miss this chance though i carry my tripod in my car but as this was parked a little away and also i did not want to bring the nearest security to attention. I like the way the picture has come out my processing in Photomatix 5 using the latest Contrast Optimizer option.
How the photos were shot
- Five exposures
- Camera: Nikon D800
- Lens:Nikon 16-35mm f4mm
How the HDR image was tonemapped
- Processed the images as Raw File in Photomatix as Contrast Optimizer as the option
- Changed the following sliders to get the tone mapped image-Strength, Color Saturation, Luminosity and Detailed Contrast.
- Saved the resulting image as TIFF images
How the tone-mapped image was post-processed
- The Resulting tone-mapped Tiff Image was then opened in Camera Raw
- Changed the following settings-Contrast, Highlights, Shadows, Blacks, Whites
- Resulting File then opened in Photoshop
- Nik Color Efex 4 Applied
- Topaz Clarity
- Applied noise reduction (Imagenomic Noiseware) for the sky area
Latest posts by (see all)
- Profoto Adds High-Speed Sync to B1 Via Firmware Update - December 16, 2014
- Mothers Nest-Winter collections| Behind the Scene - December 2, 2014
- The Spell| Vineet Suthan Workshop - November 13, 2014